Saturday, November 22, 2014

Halloween Cookies

Happy belated Halloween everyone!

Halloween just so happens to be Emily's favorite holiday. So I figured, what better way is there to celebrate than by making more cookies!

For this batch, we opted to make Jack Skellington heads, Biology bats and pumpkins (for a more traditional approach). For those of you not in the know, Jack Skellington is the main character from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" movie. It's one of Em's "go to" movies, but I must admit that have never watched it.


You may also be questioning... what in the world is a Biology bat??? Let me explain. Emily attended her first Biology lecture with several hundred other students and, shortly after class commenced, a bat started flying around the hall. The bat stayed for the entire lecture (science geek that it was) and Em later discovered that Animal Control came and released it back into the wild. The bat cookies were adorable, but I quickly came to realize that I needed to condense "Biology" to "Bio" as I just couldn't make the entire word fit on the cookie for the life of me.


It is also worth mentioning that we used a different royal icing recipe for this batch. Oddly enough, everyone that tried these cookies seems to prefer this icing to the one used for the graduation, U of I and cupcake cookies! I think that we have found a keeper!



No comments:

Post a Comment