Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Happy Black Friday everyone!

Yes, I was one of the lucky ones tasked with getting up before the roosters were even awake to hit the road in search of a good deal.  Must admit that I was not very impressed with the Door Buster sales advertised within the 72 inserts stuffed in with my daily newspaper.  Regardless, I hoped that I would be able to get a few people on my Christmas shopping list knocked out.

Does anyone else find it extremely odd at how extremely low a price can go on Black Friday?  How in the world can a Kodak camera regularly priced for $400.00 be advertised for $19.99 in your local electronic store's flyer over the Thanksgiving weekend?  Kinda makes me wonder what the true value of those "must have" items is.  But I digress....

My most anticipated trip of the day was to Walgreens where I snagged the following:

  • SAME Mood, Joint & Liver dietary supplement
  • CHIAlife Omega-3
  • Scunci 18-pack
  • Cortaid itch relief
  • GUM 2-pack toothbrushes
  • Preparation H Totables
  • Sheets energy strips
  • ThermaCare heatwrap
  • Crest 3D White toothpaste
  • DenTek floss picks
  • Colgate Total toothpaste
  • Advil PM
  • Ecotrin aspirin
  • Gilette Venus Breeze razor
  • Oral-B toothbrush
  • Walgreens naproxen sodium
  • (2) Secret body splashes
  • Cover Girl lipgloss
  • Revlon lipstick
Total spend = $71.44
Reward Bucks received for future use = $63.24!  So... all-in-all I only paid $8.20 for all of the aforementioned product.  Not as great as yesterday but pretty amazing just the same!  My experience at Walgreens was a little different than what I had experienced at CVS.  I was incredibly pleased to find that the store had all but one of the products I had set out to get.  (No, I wasn't lined up outside the door this morning waiting to get in either.)  I stopped there after all of my actual Christmas shopping excursion and the shelves were stocked to the gills and clearly labeled for the consumer.  I didn't need to spend a ton of time wandering the store trying to find the items I needed.  I'll be back to spend my Reward Bucks soon!

1 comment:

  1. That's impressive. However, I'd like to know what your plans are for the "SAME Mood, Joint & Liver dietary supplement." LOL

    ReplyDelete