Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rewards Cash

Hello everyone!

I have received a couple of comments from my followers wondering when I would be publishing another post. Unfortunately, things have been rather crazy lately with preparations for the upcoming holiday, work, school, watching the Bears season go down the tubes, etc. However, I needed to make a special trip out to Walgreens after my Lions Convention Meeting this evening to spend the Rewards Dollars I received over the Thanksgiving holiday. (They were due to expire this Friday.)

Needed to get a little creative with this shopping trip as Walgreens had released a separate sale insert which my trusty couponing website had missed. I would say that the planning for this venture had taken a few hours primarily due to the fact that I never received the Super Saver insert in the 12/4 paper. If anyone had received this packet checkout www.couponmom.com, create a login, and click on "Walgreens" as you can get some pretty sweet deals. If you are not at all interested in couponing I would gladly take your 12/4 Super Saver insert off of your hands. (I was actually tempted to go on eBay to see if I could buy one off of somebody because I am coupon crazy!) BUT I digress...

Tonight's haul included the following:

  • Windex
  • (4) Dawn dish detergents
  • (4) Sharpie markers
  • (2) 4-pack Walgreens AA batteries
  • (1) 4-pack Walgreens AAA batteries
  • (2) Aveeno body washes
  • Loreal face cleanser
  • Garnier face cleanser
  • (2) boxes Alka Seltzer Plus tablets
  • (2) packages Pledge wipes
  • (4) Degree deodorants
  • Veet facial wax strips
  • (2) Nivea lip balms
  • (2) 3-pack Schick disposable razors
  • (6) Nestle Christmas candies
  • Aquaphor lip balm
  • Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste
  • Garnier moisturizer
  • Revlon Top Speed nail polish
Now... This trip did not go exactly as I had planned. Of course, I did not realize that some of my items had rung-up incorrectly until I got home. (I will be stopping at Walgreens on my way home tomorrow to resolve this which should net me a credit of about $9.99.) 

Total amount spent out-of-pocket = $25.04
Total received back in even MORE Rewards Cash = $11.00 PLUS Jingle Cash for $20.00 off of a $30.00 purchase!  WHOO HOO! This would ultimately make my out-of-pocket expense, once the aforementioned discrepancies are resolved, (-$15.95.)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment